So that is the exact post I signed up for pay it forward through...
I signed up for this challenge through Becs Blog.
I will enter into a contract with the first 5 people who comment and then commit to do the same on their blog.
Just read below and if you feel up to the task copy the following into your blog and leave me a comment.
I am willing to post overseas (I am in Australia), but remember you must committ on your blog to do the same to others.
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. Whatcha get is whatcha get.
2. What I create will be just for you, with love.
3. It’ll be done this year (2009).
4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. Or it may be monstrous and annoying. Heck, I might bake something for you and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!
5. I reserve the right to do something strange.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text on your blog and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to your blog post.
7. Send your mailing address - after I contact you.
Welcome to everyone (yes you dear reader of my blog, even, especially, if I dont know you!).
I will make an effort to do something that you like based on what I see on your blog, BUT there are no guarantees.
So leave a comment and wait for me to contact you xxxxx
Not perfect but not bad for someone who honestly has NFI what they are doing!
I am learning lots, thats the best bit!
Hannah loves it. She has taken it out and about with her a few times already.
So then my confidence was bolstered. I thought I would dive in and attempt the stretchy pj top...
Well, I found it easy enough to follow the pattern and to cut it all out with the right nap. I studied my sewing book and chose an appropriate stitch. I even practiced and was surprised how simple it all seemed.
But by the time all of that was done, it was midnight. And it had all been building up to me sewing the top together, so I made the decision to sew it there and then. I wish I hadn't!
Soooooo disappointed with the outcome. Turns out, I do not know how to sew knits.
Here is the result...
It is terrible. But hannah insists she loves it.